There has never been a better time to visit Accountex. Why? Well, for starters, HMRC’s making tax digital for VAT policy is now in force.
From April 1 all 1.2 million UK small businesses with a turnover greater than £85k now need to start filing their VAT returns using accounting software.
This is the start in earnest of the digitisation of the entire taxation system. It is the biggest and most far-reaching change to the way we collect taxes in generations.
And, in tandem with other technological disruption in the financial world, it’s going to have a huge impact on the accounting profession.
Accountants and small businesses are going to have to get smart if they want a profitable tomorrow.
And this is where the Accountex accounting and finance expo comes in. It presents the best opportunity to discover what’s on the market to future-proof your firm or practice.
Whether it’s the latest accounting software for filing VAT; state of the art tech for forecasting and monitoring cashflow; perfect practice management tools; or outstanding outsourcing opportunities… Accountex is the place to be.
So, make sure you book your place to visit the 2019 edition of the show on 1-2 May at London’s ExCeL.
There will be 220 exhibitors at this year’s expo … and, to give you a flavour of the event, we’ve put together a list of 10!
- Xero: Easy-to-use platform for small businesses and their advisers. The company has 1.6 million subscribers in over 180 countries, with more than 355,000 of those in the UK, and a thriving ecosystem seamlessly integrating with 700+ apps.
- Sage: UK accounting software group has been supporting accountants and bookkeepers for over 35 years. UK’s biggest dedicated team backing over 14,000 practices and their 1 million clients
- Intuit QuickBooks: QuickBooks products – now including advanced payroll — connect to innovative financial management apps and are supported by award-winning customer care. From individuals working for themselves, to accounting professionals who want to grow.
- TaxCalc: Smart, simple, integrated and affordable practice software for tax, accounts production, practice management, company secretarial, VAT, GDPR and more. Award-winning products are continually updated, MTD-enabled and run on PC, Mac, Linux and Cloud. Provider to over 8,000 UK firms
- FreeAgent: Award-winning cloud accounting software for small businesses and their accountants.
- Wolters Kluwer: Innovative and mobile technology for tax, accounting and audit professionals to improve efficiency, navigate change and adhere to the needs of regulators and customers.
- Silverfin: Cloud service for powerful financial reporting. Automating accountancy processes and reports using data imported automatically from bookkeeping software. It enables collaboration and eliminates portals, Excel files or email.
- APtimise: APtimise is the UK’s only automated end-to-end invoices and payments solution. It removes the frustration of the Accounts Payable process making it faster, more accurate, simpler and, because it’s backed by NatWest, more secure.
- Thomson Reuters: Market-leading software enables accountants in practice to deliver a consistent, quality service to their clients
- BrightPay: Processing payroll for over 200,000 businesses… For 2019 BrightPay Connect introduces new online features offering automated cloud backup, annual leave management, client dashboard, employee self-service and client payroll upload and approval.
Accountex takes place at London ExCeL on 1-2 May. Attending is free if visitors register in advance or is £25 on the door. Register for a free ticket to attend here.
Read the original here:
Accountex … the time is right